We would like to share some facts about Fish of Vancouver showing how you have helped feed hungry families in Vancouver for more than 45 years.
We are guided by the statement “Feeding Families. Nourishing Children”
For more than 45 years our volunteers have been the core of our organization, keeping our mission alive through selflessly serving emergency food to hungry and homeless families and individuals of all ages, five days a week in west Vancouver, Washington, which has the lowest income level in Clark County.
- We are all volunteers with a passion for helping the less fortunate people in our community.
- Our food pantry is located at 906 Harney in downtown Vancouver where there is a constant need for food 5 days a week.
- With your support we have been able to be open every weekday from 10:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. to help anyone in need. We never turn anyone away without food.
- Hungry families that include 37% children can receive a 3 to 5 day supply of food once each month.
We are thankful for the food we receive from the following sources and from many of our donors:
- Private Donations
- Clark County Food Bank
- Oregon Food Bank
- Northwest Harvest
- Walk & Knock
- Letter Carrier Food Drives
- Local grocery stores such as Winco, Safeway, Whole Foods, Chuck’s Produce, New Seasons
- Local Food Drives
Fish of Vancouver statistics in 2015-16 (ending on June 30, 2016) to:
- 16,210 households served
- 44,741 persons in these households
- 497,942 pounds of food distributed
- 20,744 volunteer hours
- 31% of the people receiving food were children
- Approximately 20% of the people receiving food were elderly
For the month of October 2016:
- 1,288 households received emergency food
- 3,786 persons were served
- 1,142 of these persons were children including 121 children who were two or younger
- 792 of these persons were 55 or older
- 31,668 pounds of food were distributed, excluding bread and pastries
- 1,639 volunteer hours made this possible
- Thousands of pounds of fresh food was received from local grocery stores, such as Safeway, Winco, Whole Foods, Chuck’s Produce and New Seasons.