"You make a life by what you give."
Looking to volunteer? Here are the steps to follow
- Interested in joining our dynamic and fun volunteer team? Call, text or email our Volunteer Coordinator, Megan! Her email is email@example.com. Our volunteer hotline is (360) 566-3243 which can take calls and texts. Megan's direct line is (360) 947-2368.
- We will schedule an opportunity for you to tour our facility and fill out a volunteer application. Then we will help you identify a volunteer shift that works for your availability and interests.
- Volunteer shifts run Monday-Friday 9am-12pm and 12pm-3pm, but we can often accommodate other arrangements. We serve clients every weekday from 10am-2pm. We also have need for volunteers on the fourth Saturday of the month from 9am-noon.
- We will train you for all the roles or tasks that you may encounter on your shift.
- We can offer volunteer hours for education and other programs but we cannot provide court mandated community service hours.
- We are open to families- children 8 years old and up are welcome with supervision, and 16 years and up are permitted unsupervised. Food sorting and organizing projects in the warehouse are most suitable for families.
Our volunteers provide a diversity of services: Check in window, distribution/box window, snack window, sorting and packing food, hauling food from local stores and other sources.
Because you will be working in an active warehouse, please wear closed-toed shoes. Our food supply is intended for clients, so we ask that you please bring your own snacks and water bottle. We recommend bringing an extra layer as well, as the warehouse may be chilly, or you may be in and out of the coolers.
Interested in joining our volunteer team? Call, text or email our Volunteer Coordinator, Megan! Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Our volunteer hotline is (360) 566-3243 which can take calls and texts. Megan's direct line is (360) 947-2368.